The school will open on Monday September 4 at 8:45 and will close on Friday September 8 at 13:10 so that participants can travel back in the afternoon.
The School program includes four main courses:
- Epidemic modeling, by Marco Ajelli, Bruno Kessler Foundation, Trento, Italy, and Northeastern University, Boston, USA.
- Economic systems, by Stefano Battiston, Institut für Banking und Finance, Universität Zürich, Switzerland.
- Modeling of social systems: social influence dynamics and intergroup relations by Andreas Flache, Dept. Sociology, Groningen University, The Netherlands.
- Big data analysis, by Bruno Gonçalves, Big Data Center, New York University, NYC, USA.
Besides the main courses, the schedule also includes:
- Practical Sessions on socio-economic systems by Maria Pereda, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
- Seminar Power grid fluctuations and dynamic demand control by Damià Gomila, IFISC (CSIC-UIB).
- Seminar by Pablo Fleurquin, BBVA Data & Analytics
- Seminar by Juan Murillo Arias, BBVA Data & Analytics
- Seminar by Ricardo Herranz, Nommon Solutions & Technologies and Kineo Mobility Analytics
Participants are encouraged to present their work as a poster and a short talk (tentatively 4 min.) summarizing the contents of the poster. Posters will be on display for a whole week on the same location as the coffee break to promote discussion. Participants' 4 min oral presentations will take place on Monday afternoon.